Investigator, API Chemistry
GlaxoSmithKline is recognized internationally for its innovative and highly productive approach to drug discovery and development. Our success is built on the collaboration of multi-disciplinary teams of scientists sharing their ideas and expertise. We are currently looking for highly motivated synthetic organic chemists to join our API Chemistry team in suburban Philadelphia. The role provides scientific, technological and practical input to delivery of the objectives in the API Chemistry group within Product Development & Supply.
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry.
- Post-doctoral experience is preferred but not required.
- Propose, initiate and implement improvements in chemical routes and processes to meet project objectives.
- Originate ideas and lead efforts for the solution of complex project related problems, including the conception and realization of viable new synthetic routes and the solution of specific process development problems.
- Maintains a high level of relevant scientific, technical expertise and serves as a departmental resource for synthetic chemistry.
- Able to solve complex synthetic problems relating to own project using scientific, technical expertise and knowledge of the business.
- Initiates or assists in novel synthetic strategies or ideas to solve project or departmental goals relating to own or others projects.
- Designs, executes and influences scientific work such that there is a timely delivery of project objectives, including: drug substance supply, new synthetic routes, robust manufacturing processes, appropriate equipment selection, analytical methods and specifications, regulatory dossiers and other documentation to support the project.
- Develops scientific work plans to ensure that technical deliverables meet quality and regulatory expectations, with a strong focus on sustainability and manufacturability.
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems in the course of experimental studies/tasks. Interprets data and information from scientific work, and uses the results to propose further activities in the scientific team.
- Independently authors or contributes to scientific papers and internal documentation such as development reports or regulatory dossiers. Presents effectively at internal R&D meetings.
- Applies applications for new technologies to project objectives, e.g. automation, statistical experimental design (DoE), kinetics, etc.
- Participates in technology transfer activities as appropriate to commercial manufacturing and other parts of R&D, and partner CMOs.
- Participates in "Brainstorming" activities for own and others’ projects.
- Is personally responsible for using safe working practices and maintaining a safe working area.
- Complies with applicable Quality and regulatory requirements in all aspects of work.
- Maintains accurate records as required by GlaxoSmithKline policies and procedures and ensures that GSK Intellectual Property is protected.
- Liaises with key customers in order to ensure timely delivery of project expectations.
- Uses available database and literature resources to solve problems.
- Ensures the delivery of appropriate GMP compliance on projects.
Skills and Competencies:
- Has an excellent practical and theoretical understanding of synthetic chemistry or a relevant technology Has a proven track record of solving complex synthesis related problems in a timely manner
- Has an ability to conduct scientific work programs and make contributions both independently or as a member of a team
- Builds strong working relationships for the purpose of achieving project objectives
- Is able to work through problems logically and apply innovative solutions
- Adopts new technologies and applies them to project work
- Is customer focused and demonstrates a high degree of urgency
- Is self motivated, with good organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in a scientific manner
- Is able to use scientific literature and database resources in the execution of project related work
- Is flexible and open to new ways of working
- Is a good listener, able to empathize with other staff views and build trust
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills
- Is constantly looking for ways to continuously improve self and ways of working
Apply for Investigator, API Chemistry
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly