Scientist/Research Associate, Natural Product Chemistry
Lodo Therapeutics is seeking a hardworking and high-energy natural product chemist to join our drug discovery team at our laboratories in the Alexandria Center, New York City. The successful candidate, in collaboration with a fast-paced discovery team of bioinformaticians, structural and molecular biologists, biochemists and chemists, will develop and apply chemistry techniques to drive the discovery, production, manipulation and development of therapeutic secondary metabolites from the microbial metagenome.
- Provide support to the chemistry team with the isolation, purification, and characterization of target compounds from various microbial sources
- Perform equipment and instrumentation set up, maintenance, and verification
- Media, buffer, and solution preparation/sterilization and the cleaning of glassware.
- Aid in keeping the laboratory well-stocked and resourced
- Position requires significant laboratory effort
Education and Experience Preferences:
- Master’s degree in chemistry or a related field with at least 4+ years experience in biopharmaceutical industry research, or a Ph.D. in natural product chemistry with post-doctoral experience and/or biopharmaceutical industry research experience
- Experience with the extraction of compounds from microbial sources
- Strong background with analytical (HPLC & LC-MS) and preparative HPLC methods
- Experience with NMR is required, along with knowledge and understanding of common chemistry techniques
- Knowledge of general microbiology and bacterial fermentation is ideal
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work
- Capable of working flexible hours, if required
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly interactive, and collaborative work environment