Product Development Chemist, Adjuvant and Agrochemical Formulations
The Product Development Chemist will be part of a fast paced, highly technical team that formulates adjuvants and pesticide products. Formulation demands will come from customers, market requirements for adjuvant/pesticide applications and novel concepts from the AU Team. The ideal candidate must be results oriented and have a high aptitude for learning, keen interest in organic chemistry, strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and team orientation.
Assignment Focus: As a Product Development Chemist you’ll formulate adjuvants and pesticide products as part of the AU Product Development Team to meet market, customer and regulatory demands, developing formulations across a wide range of pesticide formulation categories including EC, SC, MEC, WDG, SL, SE, G, WP. Adjuvant formulations target solutions to various issues such as drift control, water conditioning, penetration, wetting and others. You’ll also provide technical support to the Sales and Production teams.
- Work with our customers, sales and production teams to define and develop new products.
- Develop commercially viable formulations that successfully meet customer and market demands for performance, economics and regulatory compliance.
- Provide assistance to customers regarding technical, regulatory or application issues as needed.
- Work with plant operations staff to help enhance manufacturing procedures and provide solutions regarding production of adjuvants and pesticide inert ingredient blends.
- Develop relationships with key vendors and stay abreast of market trends for both raw materials and finished goods.
- Research new developments and raw materials for product development to meet new market demands.
- Assist with SDS preparation by providing necessary details regarding raw materials and known hazards.
- Work with Tulsa laboratory staff on joint projects, development and manufacturing issues as needed.
- Represent the company at various industry technical events.
- Function within the guidelines of the company Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by management.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry. Must have completed university level Organic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry Laboratory Courses. Master’s Degree in same fields will be considered.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years in agricultural or consumer applications in the adjuvant and/or pesticide industry.
- Job is in Memphis TN. Some domestic travel required.