Santa Clara University, a highly ranked private, Jesuit, Catholic university located in the Silicon Valley, is seeking a two-year Inclusive Excellence Postdoctoral Fellow starting early 2019 in the lab of Prof. Paul Abbyad.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct a research project (supported through NIH and NSF grants) in the development of a microfluidic device for the sorting and analysis of single cells for cancer research, teach one quarter-long undergraduate lecture and lab (or equivalent load) in the Chemistry/Biochemistry Department each year, and mentor undergraduates in the research lab. A Ph.D. in Chemistry or Biochemistry or closely allied field is required. Experience in microfabrication, microfluidics and microscopy, along with a strong commitment to teaching and undergraduate research are desirable. For complete job description and instructions for submission of materials, visit https://jobs.scu.edu/postings/7940.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. The University is committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups.
More searches like this
- Analytical Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Santa Clara
- Biochemical Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Santa Clara
- Biological Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Santa Clara
- Biotechnical Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Santa Clara
- Materials Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Santa Clara