Assistant/Associate/Full Professor (Forensic Science)
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor (Forensic Science)
The School of Mathematical and Natural Sciences at Arizona State University is growing its Forensic Science programs and is hiring two full-time, benefits and tenure-eligible open rank positions (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) with broad interdisciplinary expertise applicable to any area in Forensic Science that complements or supplements existing strengths in the unit.
The School of Mathematical and Natural Sciences, New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences (https://newcollege.asu.edu/mathematical-natural-sciences-degree-programs) at Arizona State University, is an interdisciplinary mathematical and natural sciences unit that offers bachelor’s degrees in Forensic Science, Computational Forensics, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Biology, Applied Computing, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Biotechnology and Bioenterprise, and Environmental Science. It prides itself in interdisciplinary collaborations among researchers in these areas. Successful candidates are expected to establish a vigorous, externally-funded program of research; to deliver quality undergraduate and graduate instruction in the Forensic Sciences; and to contribute service to the university and the profession. Faculty can participate in university-wide graduate programs. The School is committed to recruiting and retaining students and faculty from groups that have historically been underrepresented in the sciences, and achieving diversity that reflects the U.S. population.
ASU is a comprehensive public research university, measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves.
1. PhD, by the time of appointment, in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Genetics, Toxicology, Computer Sciences, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or other discipline germane to Forensic Science.
2. Record of scholarly activity in areas applicable to Forensic Science including publications and/or external grant funding commensurate with candidate's current rank.
Desired Qualifications (commensurate with candidate’s current rank):
1. Demonstrated experience in teaching and mentoring students in research in areas applicable to Forensic Science.
2. Evidence of college/university teaching and course development experience.
3. Demonstrated contributions to school/professional service.
4. Commitment and ability to work with a diverse student population (including students with disabilities and first generation, non-traditional, low income, and underrepresented minority students, etc).
5. Interest in establishing interdisciplinary research programs.
6. Familiarity with FEPAC.
Instructions to Apply
Email application to email@example.com. Application deadline is December 21, 2018, and every Friday thereafter until the search is closed. Complete applications must include 1) letter of application, 2) a statement describing teaching philosophy and experience, 3) statement describing current and future research plans, 4) statement describing commitment to diversity, 5) unofficial transcripts, and 6) curriculum vitae with your contact information, including telephone number and e-mail address, and 7) contact information (name, address, email, telephone number) for three professional references. Requested material should be in one PDF document. Only electronic applications are accepted for this position. Please reference Job# 12671 when applying for the position.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. ASU’s full non-discrimination statement (ACD 401) and Title IX policy are located at https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX .
More searches like this
- Biological Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Glendale
- Education Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Glendale
- Forensic Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Glendale
- Genomics Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Glendale
- Microbiological Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Glendale