Assistant or Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Job Type
- Full time
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA, Chemistry, Assistant or Associate Professor, Position #00013421
The College of Arts and Sciences and Department of Chemistry at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks invites applications for a 9-month, tenure track, Assistant or Associate professor position beginning August 16, 2019.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate is expected to establish a nationally recognized research program, with significant external funding, in the area of computational chemical dynamics with an energy focus. The candidate will interact heavily with the UND Grand Challenge #1. UND has made, and continues to make, significant investments in cyberinfrastructure and the successful candidate will be expected to make ample use of this resource. UND Chemistry offers an ACS-certified B.S. degree, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees, and the successful candidate will teach graduate and undergraduate courses in chemistry. Candidates with research interests that complement those of current faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Physics, or related field (required by start date of 8/16/2019)
- Demonstrated teaching and mentoring effectiveness
Preferred Skills/Desirable Qualifications:
- Postdoctoral experience in chemistry or physics
- Research expertise in chemical dynamics
- Experience modeling materials with energy applications
- Demonstrated ability to procure external funding for research
- Experience working with diverse students and colleagues within and outside the Department of Chemistry
- For full consideration, applications must be received by 5 PM (Central Time) on January 15, 2019. Position is open until filled.
- Please go to UND website for full description and to apply:
UND is an AA/EEO/Vets/Disabled employer.