Director of Science and R&D at Thriving Hemp CBD Startup
Centuria Foods is hiring a Director of Science and R&D for our new operations in northern Nevada. If you want to make a strong impact on a thriving company that is still in its startup growth stage, this position at Centuria may be for you. It will be challenging as goals, roles, and projects will be shifting as priorities change based on internal and external factors. This means you can and will need to adapt quickly, prioritize and begin new projects based on your own initiative, and communicate effectively with colleagues that do not necessarily think or speak as you do. Please review the requirements below. We are admittedly looking for a rock star. But if you happen to have the listed skills, we want to speak with you.
- Strong applicable scientific knowledge: Must have hands-on experience in large-scale separation science, including the principles of partition, distillation, and chromatography. An understanding of cross-flow filtration and countercurrent chromatography desired.
- Problem solver: Must show adaptability to handle the random issues that plague complicated equipment.
- cGMP: Is well versed in cGMP regulations as per ICH Q7 guidelines.
- Aptitude for solving problems when working with equipment: Having experience in the construction and/or maintenance of large-scale process equipment is preferred.
- Safety is key: Have knowledge of state and federal OSHA regulations, and must demonstrate a commitment to safe practices.
- Communication skills: The successful candidate must be able to translate complex concepts to non-scientist colleagues.
- Leadership skills: Will be expected to lead the hiring for personnel in his/her group and train and manage them to excel.
- Curiosity: Can cite past accomplishments showing natural curiosity to learn new subject matter and solve hard problems.
- Startup experience: Can thrive in the controlled chaos of a startup environment
- Preferred background: BS/MS process engineer or chemist from the biotech, pharma, or petrochemical industries
- Market or above market salary depending on experience
- Stock options in one of the strongest industrial hemp CBD companies in North America
- Full health benefits and vacation
Centuria Foods, Inc., is one of the largest and fastest growing industrial hemp-based CBD manufacturers in the rapidly expanding CBD market. We are the only fully federally compliant CBD manufacturer in the U.S. Consumer demand for high-quality CBD, driven by those seeking a healthy, plant-based medicinal alternative to pharmaceuticals, is driving our growth. Centuria’s experienced management has been successful in building and selling companies from the medical cannabis and technology industries. We are in a growth stage and looking to add talented team members that want to grow professionally, make a discernible and strong impact, and challenge themselves beyond the usual 9-to-5 job.