The Formulation Scientist position is an individual contributor role and reports to the Research & Development (R&D) Manager for InvaGen/Cipla New York. The job duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Designing and conducting laboratory scale formulation experiments to develop formulations.
- Assisting in the development and optimization of manufacturing processes at laboratory scale by optimizing various parameters to include initiating new product stability studies.
- Reviewing analytical data and stability data generated during the development.
- Supporting scale-up and technology transfer of process from R&D to manufacturing.
- Providing ongoing revisions regarding suppliers, raw materials, equipment and master production processes, Mater formulas.
- Programming and maintaining of electronic copies of all approved Mater formula cards utilized in the manufacturing of products and maintaining written record of all activity associated with approvals of electronic copies.
- Actively participating and contributing to in-process validations, site qualifications, equipment qualifications, process verification.
- Investigating incidents and deviations during the manufacturing process, and if required, conducts investigations, as per standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Working with the change control system for the technical services department.
- Coordinating activities with other departmental personnel to enhance workflow.
- Understanding and following all policies and procedures as outlined in pertinent SOPs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Hold a master’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Possess at least two (2) to three (3) years of relevant work experience in product development and technical services within the pharmaceutical manufacturing or other related scientific/technical industry.
- Must possess strong documentation and technical writing skills, and able to apply appropriate principles and practices.
- Must be proficient in the English language to include usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Must be a proficient user of personal computer hardware and software applications such as Microsoft Office tools,
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team environment.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION
- Relocation negotiable.
- Employment sponsorship negotiable.
- No remote work available.
- Must be willing to work some weekends based on business need if required.