This Role will be responsible for the design and development of new agrochemical formulations as well as supporting existing Crop Protection products that meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan, organize, and conduct experiments to design and optimize formulations of agrochemical active ingredients, meeting Biology, Marketing, Regulatory, Production, and Supply Chain criteria. Validate formulation robustness through rigorous physico-chemical stability testing.
• Plan and control / carry out laboratory work to develop, understand, and test new and improved manufacturing processes in order to meet agreed targets. Deliver critical information to local and global project teams.
• Plan and conduct laboratory support work to solve manufacturing process problems and identify opportunities so that results can be implemented.
• Take an active part in scale-up and plant introduction of newly developed products.
• Develop and design new testing methods to ensure customer satisfaction with Syngenta products under all conditions in the marketplace.
• Steward selected existing products, address any quality issues, benchmark competitors, strive for innovative solutions for competitive advantage, and submit patents if needed.
• Organize, schedule and execute projects in accordance with departmental priorities.
• Minimum M.S. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 0-2+ yrs industry experience or Ph.D. with 0+ yrs experience.
• Strong background in chemistry.
• Experience in or more of the following areas is a plus: Polymer science, colloid science, materials science, biology, crystallization, surfactant chemistry, rheology, microscopy, analytical instrumentation, and statistics.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects. Demonstrate flexibility with changing project directions or scopes.
• Ability to communicate effectively and establish technical and business networks with a diverse range of people, including scientists and non-scientists.
• Ability to coordinate project activities across internal functions.
• Ability to learn what is critical in scale-up robustness and to judge what pilot studies need to be carried out.
• Actively apply scientific expertise to influence projects and innovation in a fast moving environment.
• Deliver projects with high quality information to meet the demands of business specific and strategic projects.
• Adaptable to departmental and organizational ways of working
• Laboratory/analytical: Comprehensive experience and knowledge.
• Physico-chemical awareness: ability to apply physico-chemical concepts to process development including use of specialized data analysis and experimental design tools.
• Problem solving: Ability to analyze complex and diverse problem situations creatively leading to the generation and implementation of original solutions. Ability to judge when and who to communicate key information.
• Ability to convey the right level of detail to the right audience verbally, in writing, or by presentations.
• Ability to maintain and extend networks internally and with other parts of the organization and contribute constructively to teams in order to meet targets.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at email@example.com
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
: USA-North Carolina-Greensboro
410 Swing Road