FULL TIME INSTRUCTOR, CHEMISTRY
FULL TIME INSTRUCTOR, CHEMISTRY
Victor Valley College
Opening Date/Time: Tue. 02/12/19 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 04/14/19 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $53,955.00 - $113,197.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Instruction - Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
FLSA: Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
**FIRST DATE OF REVIEW IS SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 14, 2019**
10-Month Tenure Track Position COMPENSATION:
Initial salary placement ranges from $53,955 to $84,493, based upon education and experience. The current faculty salary schedule includes five classes and twenty steps with a maximum annual salary of $113,197. A District-paid comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision insurances for the employee and dependents, and a $50,000 employee life insurance policy are provided. For the most updated information please visit our benefits web page.
Appointment to this position is subject to availability of funds. Salary schedule subject to change.
Primary responsibilities include preparation and delivery of course materials required for teaching laboratory and lecture sections of General Chemistry; may include other courses appropriate to experience and education. Successful candidates will have background in chemistry and documented success in the use of educational technologies in the teaching and learning process. The assignment may include courses that are offered in the evening and on weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Instructional assignment includes lecture and/or laboratory classes in the discipline.
• Assignments include, but are not limited to, conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, student learning outcomes assessments, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
• Institutional service activities are expected of all faculty members.
• Participation in academic discipline/department decision making process and work regarding curriculum, program development and other matters are expected of all department faculty.
• Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
• Participation in assessment, evaluation, and planning of Student Learning Outcomes and Program Learning Outcomes, Program Review, and Curriculum Development.
Master's in chemistry OR bachelor's in chemistry or biochemistry AND master's in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology, or geochemistry OR the equivalent.
Must have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Doctorate in chemistry is preferred.
(All degree and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions)
We will be using the guidelines set by the Academic Affairs Division of the Chancellor's Office, California Community Colleges. See their website http://www.cccco.edu/ for the most current minimum qualifications for faculty in California Community Colleges. The Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges handbook can be viewed at: http://californiacommunitycolleges.cccco.edu/Portals/0/Reports/2017-Minimum-Qualifications-Handbook-r1-ADA.pdf
If you feel you have equivalent qualifications, please review the supplemental information for equivalent qualifications. See website regarding the equivalency process: http://www.vvc.edu/offices/human_resources/faculty-equivalency-qualifications.shtml
Submit your request for equivalency ONLY IF your education and/or experience are different, but equivalent, to the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement. If you have additional questions please contact Human Resources directly at (760) 245-4271 Ext. 2486.
Some specialized courses may require specific certificates (must meet minimum content requirements specified by outside/other agencies based on accreditation).
Office, classroom, lab and/or on-line environment. Position requires ability to communicate and exchange information. The assignment may include day, weekend, and/or evening classes on campus and/or at off campus locations.
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Ability to teach General Chemistry
To be considered a candidate for this position, all materials required should be received at the Victor Valley College Office of Human Resources by the First Review Date of April 14, 2019. Application materials will be accepted after this date, however, if a file is not complete by the First Review Date, the application may not be considered by the Screening Committee.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
You may check your status at any time by logging into Victor Valley College Online Application Site at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/vvc/ with your username and password.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all requested materials are received. All materials included in the application packet become District property, will not be returned, and will not be copied.
All information qualifying an applicant for the position must be included on the Victor Valley College Application. To assist the District in determining whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements, descriptions of an applicant's present and past job duties should include details pertinent to the position for which he/she is applying.
Applicants may be notified by email during any phase of this recruitment regarding status.
If it is unclear whether an applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position from the application, that applicant will be disqualified.
It is not unusual for the District to receive hundreds of applications for a position. For this reason, it is advantageous to make the application as easy to review as possible.
Candidates wishing to apply for more than one position must apply for each position separately.
A complete file consists of all of the following:
1. A completed Victor Valley College application electronic form
2. A letter expressing interest in the position
3. A current resume
4. Copies of transcripts showing college degrees and coursework. NOTE: Degrees must be from an accredited institution. It is the responsibility of the candidate to include U.S. evaluations of non-U.S. transcripts with their application. Link to - State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing: https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/cl635.pdf?sfvrsn=bb4f6e6a_2
5. Three (3) or more current letters of recommendation from persons having firsthand knowledge of the applicant's professional qualifications, character, etc.
6. Supplemental Application for Equivalent Qualifications (if applicable)
Victor Valley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Victor Valley College prohibits sexual harassment and assures that all employees will enjoy equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Employment acceptance or rejection shall be based on job-related qualifications.
To Apply https://apptrkr.com/1409881
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.