Analytical Group Leader
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job:
To lead a team of scientists and product chemistry specialists that provide analytical solutions and develop analytical methodology in support of AI / formulation / packaging development and registration, Supply Chain operations and sales and marketing efforts. The group has responsibility for method development and validation, GLP test and reference material characterization, reference substance management, conducting GLP Product Chemistry studies, direct support to customer service, our dealers, manufacturing and pilot plant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong, versatile Analytical group by coaching and career development activities
- Ensure compliance with all company and department HS&E policies
- Develop cost effective analytical methodology to support formulation and AI development
- Identify and develop novel/emerging innovative analytical technologies, of benefit to Syngenta
- Ensure timely completion of globally acceptable Product Chemistry studies and submission dossiers
- Provide timely and cost effective non-routine analytical services to support manufacturing operations
- Provide quality control to support small scale manufacture in a timely and cost effective manner
- Seamless transfer of developed analytical methodology to other global PT&E centers and production plants
- Provide support as needed for production and sourcing activities.
- Help develop strategic vision for the analytical function across the Greensboro and Global analytical groups
- Lead the team and ensure key product development projects are delivered according to project milestones
- Continually improve department processes to improve productivity and efficiency and enable delivery of effective and timely support to supply chain and customer service organizations
- Mentor, coach and develop team members in a high performance environment
- Maintain close communication and coordination with key customers and stakeholders
Education & Experience:
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in analytical chemistry or related area and 10+ years experience preferred.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the chemistry and analytical technologies required for the development of new active ingredients and formulated products
- Understanding of global processes and ability to align available resources with company priorities
- Knowledge of our supply chain and customers to insure that their needs are met in a cost effective manner
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice legislation, and global regulatory requirements and processes for agrochemicals development and stewardship
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Primary Location : USA-North Carolina-Greensboro Work Locations :
410 Swing Road
Job : Technology