Jr. R&T Ass.: Structural material analysis-advanced chemical raw material&compound characterization
We are looking for a highly motivated researcher that holds a PhD degree to perform a key role in an ambitious project. He/She will be in charge of the optimization of existing and the development of new methods for the chemical analysis of tire compounds and raw materials used in tires. This includes novel sample preparation techniques and the use and new development of multiple chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques.
Being part of an engaged project team, the selected candidate will develop the research project at LIST, and occasionally at Goodyear premises both located in Luxembourg. He/she will focus mostly on Mass Spectrometry based characterization, Soxhlet extraction and off-line 2D-GPC/LC methodologies, The rubber compound extraction and sample fractionation will be supported by dedicated instrumentation and methodologies developed at Goodyear.
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry
- Relevant research experience and demonstrated competencies in mass spectrometry (MALDI; ESI, APCI, SIMS). Experience in liquid chromatographic techniques including LC/MS or GPC will be considered as assets
- Track record of researcher dissemination including peer-reviewed publications
- Ready to work according to best chemical laboratory practices including lab safety.
- Excellent project management, analytical, and report writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation).
- Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas, concepts, models and solutions.
- Collaborative skills, initiative, result oriented, organization, and capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Proficient written and spoken English is mandatory