R&D PostDoc Fellow / Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the integral part of our innovation team, R&D PostDoc / Scientist will collaborate with our partners in Business Development, Marketing, Sales, and Production; ideate new product concepts; innovate solutions through chemistry, formulations, and engineering; and create quality, reproducible and sustainable production methods and procedures.
Our R&D PostDoc / Scientist is expected to set a high quality standard for accuracy, in following good laboratory practices, and in complying with all safety regulations.
Essential Job Function 1: Collaborate and ideate new technology/product concepts
- Stay connected with academic & industrial leaders
- Knowledgeable about trends and applications in chemistry and materials science
- Engage with internal innovation team in formulating project concepts
- Actively contribute to chartering for well-defined projects
Essential Job Function 2: Innovate for technical solutions
- Actively contribute to the development of technical solutions
- Validate technical prototypes, define method as needed
- Document and record all laboratory work
- Support product launch and post-launch follow up
Essential Job Function 3: Create workable production methods
- Create workable and sustainable production methods
- Transfer production responsibilities to designated Production group
- Offer techncial training to Production as needed
Essential Job Function 4: Provide needed technical support
- Provide techncial support to Marketing, Sales, Quality Control, Customer Service, or the rest of the organization as needed
Who You Are:
- One plus year's experience in Organic Chemistry with a strong focus on Organometallic chemistry or catalyst development.
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry
- One plus year's experience in catalyst development
- One plus years of post-doc experience would be desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable with the trend and progress of modern chemistry
- Analytical method skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.