Senior Scientist - Molecular Imaging
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist for our Molecular Imaging Team located in Mattawan, MI.
A Senior Scientist supporting the Translational Imaging Center (TIC), which is aligned with the Drug Metabolism Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) Division of MPI Research, is responsible for developing and/or validating methods and/or procedures to support required radiopharmaceuticals/radiotracers, to either quantify/synthesize chemical entities, or prepare formulated test articles or supporting compounds, or conduct studies of chemical compounds in vitro or in vivo, according to applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study protocols and/or GxP regulations. The individual in this role serves as a key point of contact with Sponsors, colleagues, and represents MPI Research through active engagement within the scientific community, including regular meeting attendance and publications/presentations. A Senior Scientist is expected to work independently, may supervise others, and may function as a Principal Investigator, Contributing Scientist, and/ or Study Director.
The following are the minimum requirements related to the Senior Scientist position.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant field and 10-15 years of relevant experience; or
- Doctoral degree in a relevant field and 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient using laboratory software applications (i.e., LIMS and data acquisition software).
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and skills in a collaborative research environment.
- Demonstrated competence in the preparation of peer-reviewed scientific publications and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact directly with internal and external scientists.
- Familiarity with global regulatory guidance (e.g., Food and Drug Administration (FDA),
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OEDC), European Medicines Agency (EMA), International Council for Harmonization (ICH) as applicable for scientific discipline
- Working knowledge of GxPs and industry guidance documents.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
About MPI Research, a Charles River Company
MPI Research is a premier non-clinical contract research organization (CRO) providing comprehensive testing services to biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.