Assistant/Associate Professor of Biology/Biochemistry
College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences is seeking a faculty member with expertise biological or biochemical sciences. Duties include teaching 12 credits of undergraduate courses per semester, curriculum development, advising and mentoring students, departmental and institutional committee work, and relevant scholarly activity. This position would teach a range of science courses, including biology, chemistry, physical science, science & technology, and/or other science courses for the general education core, as well as for the biology major. Determination of rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
* Ph.D. (preferred) or M.A. in biology or biochemistry or related field
* Evidence of teaching ability, curricular development, and scholarship
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
* Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
* U.S. citizen; all courses are face-to-face residential
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Effective pedagogical practices, with an ongoing willingness to grow and develop
* All faculty members are expected to be committed Christians, model a consistent Spirit filled life, be considerate of the Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God, be a member in good standing of their local church, and abide by the Community Life Standards of the University.
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.