The Office of Research and Development (ORD), National Homeland Security Research Center (NHSRC), of the United States Environmental Protection Agency is accepting applications beginning April 3, 2019 to May 2, 2019 for approximately 6 federal, three-year post-doctoral research positions:
Areas of expertise include: Microbiology; Chemistry; Toxicology; Biology; Pathology; Systems, Environmental, Civil, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering; Anthropology, Behavioral Science, Decision Sciences, Environmental Social Science, Geography, or Sociology.
HIGH PRIORITY RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
- Research spans all levels of human and ecological health including decontaminating buildings and open areas, societal responses to disasters, risk management and communications, and protecting water supplies and water infrastructure
- Work as part of integrated trans-disciplinary research teams that generate results that contribute to protecting human health and the environment
- Mentors are nationally renowned in their fields, with a strong interest in shaping your career
- Facilities and equipment are state of the art
- Resources are reserved for your projects…no need to write a grant!
- Voted multiple times by The Scientist Magazine as the Best Place to Work for Post-Doctoral Fellows
UNSURPASSED FEDERAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Starting salary--$77,382 for new Ph.D.; up to $108,422 for post-doctoral experience
- Full three-year appointments
- Paid relocation to EPA duty location
- Vacation and sick leave
- Federal health benefits, life insurance, and retirement program
- Travel to professional scientific meetings
- Active Post-doctoral Trainee Organization
EASY APPLICATION PROCESS– EMAIL, OR MAIL US BY May 02, 2019
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of recommendation from your research advisor or comparable official
- Cover letter indicating positions and locations of interest, your email address, U.S. citizenship status, and how you learned of this program
- DD-214, if claiming veteran’s preference
- U.S. citizenship is required
To learn more about our current research projects and application requirements, please visit the ORD Internet site at http://cfpub.epa.gov/ordpd/PostDoc_Lab.cfm?Lab=NHSRC or contact Ms. Danielle Weiker via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The U.S. EPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.