Senior Research Chemist
NCASI Job Posting
Position: Senior Research Chemist
Reports to: Principal Research Scientist & Analytical Lab Manager
Work Week: Exempt, full-time
Revised: March 22, 2019
Job Location: NCASI Southern Regional Center, Newberry, FL
The National Council for Air and Stream Improvement, Inc. (NCASI) is a non-profit research organization focusing on environmental issues of interest to the Forest Products Industry. NCASI is seeking a career-minded individual willing to take on increasing levels of responsibility to fill the Senior Research Chemist position at its Southern Regional Center in Newberry, Florida.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and execute investigative studies in that involve characterization using established analytical methods, method evaluations and/or new method development.
- Perform laboratory analyses involving complex procedures, methods, and instrumentation in a manner consistent with established QA/QC procedures.
- Manage laboratory workflows, assist Lab Manager in assessing capacity utilization, and work with project managers on project prioritization.
- Accomplish data reduction activities, prepare technical summaries and develop project reports and/or original technical reports.
- Provide technical assistance to NCASI member companies and industry organizations and prepare written communications that meet the highest standards of quality.
- Present scientifically sound technical information and research findings at NCASI Regional Meetings, webcasts and other technical meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of current issues, technical advances, and sampling / analytical technologies through review of current literature, participation in appropriate professional society conferences, and communication with leading researchers and regulatory personnel.
- Manage relations with external advisory panels, as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date SOPs for analytical instrument operation and laboratory general practices.
- Maintain the laboratory information management system, organize routine analytical results files and ensure compliance with NCASI’s records retention policy.
- Assist in maintenance and integrity of laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safe practices in laboratory and field operations.
- Develop familiarity with the pulp and paper manufacturing process, or other activities of the forest products industry, as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in Analytical Chemistry or closely associated scientific discipline with 3-5 years professional and hands-on experience with Gas/Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry techniques.
- Strong data analysis and statistical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, absorb, process, and communicate complex information.
- Valid Driver License and a driving record insurable at standard rates.
- Must be able to get to and work from the Southern Regional Center.
- Must be able to follow all safety procedures, and wear safety equipment required at field sampling locations, including those dictated by the facility.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- PhD in Analytical or Organic Chemistry.
- Familiarity with forest products industry environmental issues.
- Familiarity with pulping and papermaking process operations.
Please forward resume, cover letter and list of references to Ms. Tracy Stubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on April 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. NCASI is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Senior Research Chemist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly