Matrix Sensors, Inc. is an exciting technology startup company based in San Diego, CA. We are developing a disruptive carbon dioxide-sensor on a chip to monitor air quality in homes, offices and vehicles. Our sensor technology is based on metal organic frameworks (MOFs), the world’s most porous materials, and will reduce the size, cost, and power requirements beyond what currently possible with commercially available sensors. Such advances will enable large consumer markets.
Matrix Sensors, Inc. is seeking a qualified person to support the synthesis and characterization of our MOF films. This is a fulltime position reporting to our Director of Research and Development at our San Diego, CA facility. We offer full benefits and a competitive salary.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Substrate cleaning and preparation
- Chemical synthesis
- Thin film characterization
- Maintaining thorough documentation and communication of experimental results
- Maintaining a safe lab environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years of laboratory experience in a research environment
Desired skills include:
- Demonstrated ability to perform a range of chemistry techniques safely
- Maintaining laboratory supplies and inventory
- Experience using SEM for materials characterization
- Experience with cleanroom materials deposition techniques (e.g. sputtering, evaporation) is a plus
We are looking for candidates who are energetic self-starters willing to wear many hats. This is a great opportunity to do interesting work, expand your skills, and join a top-notch team.
Apply for Research Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly