Chemist – We offer the benefits of a large company with the personal, family culture of a small company.
We are a well-established manufacturer of specialty chemicals and related processing equipment located in Detroit, MI with great people, awesome benefits and competitive pay.
Kolene Corporation is family-owned and operated and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- Kolene has a rich 80 year history in the development, application, and use of chemical processes based on molten salt.
- Kolene’s equipment and chemistry are used by a number of customers domestically – across the United States – and internationally, for cleaning the toughest contaminates from the surface of high performance metals. This includes various metal oxides, glasses, ceramics, paints, and polymers.
- We believe our employees are an important part of this process because your work directly influences our corporation’s reputation and success.
We’re looking for a Chemist to work in our laboratory services department.
- We offer medical insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan with 85% of premiums paid by the company. The company also provides dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance at no cost to employees.
- We also offer 401(k) and Roth plans with a 3.5% match, paid holidays and vacation time, FSAs, and disability subsidies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science, or metallurgy
- Excellent recordkeeping and communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail
- Able to lift and move up to 40 lbs, and to stand for long periods of time
- Perform routine chemical analysis of samples from customers and onsite operations in order to determine composition of raw materials and process chemistry
- Work on process improvement, new product development and commercialization
- Design, set up and run various research and development experiments
Kolene Corporation is located in Detroit, MI, only 10 minutes from several Livonia shopping and restaurant options. We offer free, secure parking on-site.
Preferred Candidates will possess one or more of the following qualifications:
- Familiarity with Induction Coupled Plasma Spectroscopy (ICP-OES), Ion-chromatography, titrimetric analysis, gravimetric analysis, microscopic techniques, and surface profilometry
- Basic knowledge of metallurgy, hydrometallurgy, metal finishing (including rust preventatives, metal cleaners, and various organic and inorganic coatings)
- Basic knowledge of industries such as foundries, primary metal production, and/or metal fabrication is also a plus
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive pay plus a quarterly bonus program
- Excellent benefits with low or no employee premiums
- 37.5 hour work-week in a salaried position
- MANY extras, including: Opportunities for on-the-job training, paid leaves, early close before holidays, tuition assistance, Professional Association memberships, EAP, summer BBQs, and GREAT PEOPLE!