Product Research Scientist
6 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
Product Research Scientist
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Product Research Scientist is responsible for all aspects of the formulation, product/process development, scale up and commercialization of dietary supplement dosage forms. This role explores and conducts research in relevant technologies. It will focus on providing enabling technology advancements in dietary supplement dosage forms and functional foods to drive innovation. The Product Research Scientist reports to Sr. Manager, Product Research.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Collaborate with inside and outside entities to develop and drive advancements in technology.
- Conducts well-designed experiments. Presents relevant findings to the appropriate technical groups and management. Develops prototypes to demonstrate application of new technologies and develops related intellectual properties.
- Develops complex formulations and processes to support the development of new and novel products, meeting deliverables in a timely manner with excellent results. Responsible for the coordination and execution of bench top, pilot, manufacturing scale-up and verification batches.
- Provides strong technical leadership to Marketing, Operations and other cross-functional disciplines to accomplish project goals.
- Maintains a network of vendors, consultants and educators to leverage emerging and enabling technologies.
- Trains others in developing new products; conducts appropriate experiments and instructs in the proper use of laboratory and manufacturing equipment.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated researcher and can apply theoretical principal to create new products that connect to consumers. You will enjoy working with cross functional team members to discover, learn and apply.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Successfully launched commercial products from initial concepts to benchtop prototypes to manufactory scale-up batches.
- Strong research capability and deep understanding of technical product development knowledge.
- Ability to communicate, lead, and influence effectively in a cross-functional team environment to establish strong rapport with them.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in product development in food, confectionary, cosmetic or nutraceutical industries.
- Master's degree with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- PhD degree with minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable in patent review and development.
- Able to travel -- 15%.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Job Title Product Research Scientist Shift 1st Shift Location Valencia A-VAL-A