HSE Site Safety Lead
JOIN THE INDUSTRY LEADER DESIGNING THE NEXT GENERATION OF BREAKTHROUGHS
Join an organization that demonstrates a proactive health and safety management system, combined with a continuous improvement environment. Reporting directly to the HSE Manager for the site, you will be vital to the HSE function, driving key activities and HSE performance metrics for Honeywell's Des Plaines R&D organization. You will accomplish this by establishing strong working relationships with the employees, acting as a key HSE resource with the site, directing sustainable health and safety programs through the incorporation of impactful operating processes, and keeping in front of leading practices in health and safety standards.
Additionally, you will Integrate, monitor, and support Health & Safety programs to ensure compliance with the applicable guidelines, procedures, and regulations; incorporate continuous improvement at the site using Honeywell's Health and Safety initiatives through Honeywell's Operating System activities and Responsible Care program; and provide proactive integration of HSE initiatives across the Des Plaines R&D organization, keeping in front of leading edge safety awareness.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors' in Safety/Health or Chemistry or related field
- 3 plus years experience in Health & Safety
- CSP Certification
- Participation and Experience with OSHA’s Voluntary
Protection Program (VPP)
- Research and Development Experience
- Use innovative thinking to create continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills
- Technical knowledge that can apply to role
- Ability to deliver on complex situations
- Continued Professional Development