Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
The MIT Department of Chemistry seeks an instructor to teach biological chemistry beginning in the 2019-20 academic year.
- Teaching introductory biological chemistry (5.07) in collaboration with MIT faculty
- Preparing and delivering lectures
- Designing problem sets and exams
- Managing and working with teaching assistants
- Assisting with the teaching of undergraduate biological chemistry labs (5.351, 5.352 and 5.383)
- Working with faculty to update and improve the curriculum.
- Some teaching of general chemistry may be considered depending upon the qualifications of the finalist.
- Ph.D. in chemistry
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Expertise teaching best practices for and a strong commitment to undergraduate education
Applications from recent Ph.Ds interested in pursuing careers in undergraduate education are especially welcome.
The appointment is for one year with possibility for renewal based upon mutual agreement.
The ideal starting date for this appointment is no later than August 15, 2019.
Apply to job #17418 via the MIT website at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please also apply through Academic Jobs Online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/13676. Include at least two letters of recommendation in your Academic Jobs Online submission.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.