Blend Expert Team (BET) Specialist - Process Support and Development
Job Title: Blend Expert Team (BET) Specialist - Process Support and Development
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Blend Expert Team (BET) Specialist - Process Support and Development located in Richmond, CA California / United States through May 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The AMR BET Specialist is responsible for the evaluation and scale-up of formulated additive packages during commercialization and provide technical support to existing commercial packages. The position supports internal Oronite business units in product formulation development and in the manufacturing plants. The position reports to the Global Blend Expert Team Leader.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Primary contact for all BET activities in American Region (AMR). Develop projects’ list and priority. Organize regional meetings and attend global meetings. Manage communication with regional management, customers and stakeholders.
Manage new component and formulation evaluations during commercialization to identify and solve issues, ensure blend quality, understand and reduce blend cost/complexity and maximize blend efficiency. Work collaboratively with product lines to integrate blending limitations and capability into formulation design. Develop blending guidelines to improve formulation design and provide better understanding on component interaction issues and their impact on plant blending operations
Provide technical support to plant for the commercialization of new formulations
and to resolve day-to-day and recurring blending issues. Achieve alignment between customer specification requirement and plant blend capabilities. Identify/address future blending limitations and challenges; provide guidance and expertise for plant blending modification and expansion.
Develop blending fundamental knowledge using a variety of analytical and data analysis techniques. Fundamental knowledge includes component interactions, solvency and blending order. Perform data analysis using state-of-art method and develop predictive understanding and models.
Work collaboratively with several teams including Global BET, Components Performance & Fundamental Testing team and Planning and Statistics and Decision Support team.
Work with BET to provide global governance of blend practices and improvements. Establish global blending knowledge and promote blending information sharing and retention.
- Master’s degree in chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- At least 5 plus years of relevant experience
- Knowledge/Experience with blending chemistry and engineering. Strong analytical chemistry and data analysis background
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex issues, analysis of data including the use a wide range of modeling techniques, and problem-solving through innovation, creativity, persistence, and negotiation.
- Ability to effectively interface/consult/collaborate with technical professionals and service providers and demonstrated skills in partnership, leadership, teamwork, and Chevron Way behaviors
- Demonstrated prioritization, agility, organization, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills in face-to-face meetings, presentations, written and verbal correspondence, written research reports, and published reports or articles
- Demonstrated competency in safety and OE-related areas, safe laboratory protocols, and prudent lab practices
- Project management skills.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically 10-15% as required.
- PH.D in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.