Lockheed Martin Energy Storage is commercializing a new flow battery technology for low-cost, grid-scale energy storage to support renewable energy integration and grid modernization. The flow battery is based on a novel battery chemistry comprising aqueous metal-ligand coordination compounds. We are seeking a Process Engineer to assist in chemical process design, pilot and commercial plant scaleup. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability in developing innovative chemical processes that reduce product cost, while maintaining or improving product quality. Experience working in batch, fine chemical environment with proven track record for technology transfer from laboratory to the plant is desired. The individual must be flexible, able to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, and able to work independently and as part of a team. Experience in effectively directing junior team members is expected.
• MS in chemical engineering or PhD in a chemical science or engineering
• Experience (7+ years) in chemical process engineering
• Process cost model development
• Process scale-up from lab through pilot scale
• Process optimization and de-bottlenecking
• Demonstrated experience in chemical process optimization and design for cost reduction
• Experience in technology transfer and management of suppliers/ contract manufacturing organizations
• Working knowledge of analytical chemistry and quality control process development
• Working knowledge of glass lined and rotating process equipment.
• Thorough understanding of batch fine chemical unit operations (reactions, extractions, drying, filtration, distillation, etc) and the utilities that support them.