Professional Specialist Department Chemistry – 23500
The Princeton University Department of Chemistry seeks a full-time lab manager at the professional specialist rank for the femtosecond laser facilities in the Scholes lab along with a range of responsibilities as follows:
- Manage femtosecond laser facilities in the Scholes labs, provide mentorship for students, and leadership in scholarly activities.
- Manage the chemistry department femtosecond transient absorption facility (50%FTE). This will involve running experiments on samples provided, maintaining the instrument, managing data, analyzing results, and assisting preparing the results for publication.
- Assist students and postdocs with experiments and data analysis as well as writing papers. Provide guidance and assistance for undergraduate research students, visiting scientists and collaborators. Execute experiments and communications for collaborative projects.
- Assist with scholarly administrative responsibilities for Professor Scholes’ graduate teaching, e.g. drafting assignments, exams and grading.
- Identify funding opportunities and help with drafting grant proposals, letters of intent, white papers, etc.
- There will be freedom to pursue research projects in the lab and the candidate will be expected to publish regularly (at least two papers per year where substantive contributions to the writing have been made).
This full-time position has an initial appointment of one year with the possibility of renewal based on satisfactory performance and funding availability. This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
Applicants must apply online at http://jobs.princeton.edu (requisition No. ________) and include a CV, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references.
Ph.D. in Chemistry or other closely related field;
Demonstrated experience in femtosecond laser experiments and photophysics;
Excellent publication record;
Excellent communications skills
Experience in multidimensional electronic spectroscopy;
Knowledge of femtosecond laser technology;
Expertise in molecular photophysics and/or biophysics, fluorescence, transient absorption
Reg Prof Specialist &Technical
“Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. “