Biochemical Product Specialist
Expand the Life Sciences business with research reagents for the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, cell biology and neuroscience. Identify new product and market opportunities and deliver exceptional product technical support, answer questions regarding our products and present our products in the most favorable and understandable form to influence the buying decisions of our customers. Continually follow market trends and identify new sales potential through the addition of new products and application focused on select market segments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor Life Science market for product and application trends. Identify new products needed to keep product lines fresh.
- Rationalize current product lines to assure competitive position, including pricing and positioning of products, updated descriptions and new sales potential.
- Add new products, price appropriately, and brand/trademark where possible.
- Prepare product sales brochures, both digital and print, with rich technical content.
- Prepare appropriate product line advertising and sales promotion materials.
- Design and perform technical, product- related training to outside customers and to customer services and salesforce team.
- Responsible for identifying the pricing strategy and propose the new annual pricing adjustments for CMO and CEO/CFO approval.
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Education & Experience
- Entry-level technical marketing position
- Ideal candidate – recent grad with 0-3 years of professional experience.
- Will consider candidates with post-doctoral experience as well as industrial experience.
- Ph.D in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology with experience working with proteins, enzymes, cell culture techniques, or Medicinal Chemistry.
- MS Degree and relevant product management experience in Life Sciences may be considered.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Life Sciences marketplace in regard to products, applications, customers and competitors.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a hands-on approach.
- Ability to work independently and within a team collaborating with marketing, sales and purchasing.
- Strong attention to detail, especially product specifications.
- Excellent technical, organization, interpersonal, collaborative, and verbal/written communication skills.