Electronic Instrumentation Specialist
- Maintain departmental mass spectrometers,
- Perform high resolution mass spectral analyses,
- Participate in the repair and maintenance of departmental instruments.
- Responsible for daily running of samples on several departmental mass spectrometers to support research and teaching needs of the Chemistry Department. (current high resolution sample load is 100+/month). Most samples are verification of synthesis to within 5 ppm molecular composition certainty, but exploratory investigations are also common.
- Maintain the daily capability for walk-up operation of the department’s Veeco/Bruker Multimode AFM.
- Must become familiar with the computer software associated with each instrument.
- Duties will include minor repair of smaller instruments around department and rebuilding of hardware components of instruments as required.
- Expected to train selected students on operation of instruments.
- The applicant should have an M.S. degree in chemistry with extensive experience or a Ph.D. degree in chemistry.
- Demonstrated proficiency is required in modern MS (including experience with both GC and HPLC/UPLC as performed on hyphenated instruments) with a willingness to serve as an analytical instrument resource on methods and applicability for research projects as needed.
- The person in this position must be comfortable performing maintenance that includes weekly cryogen filling and mass calibration, source cleaning, pump maintenance and episodic minor and major repairs
- Effective interpersonal skills are expected for communication with a diverse group of faculty, students, and postdoctoral scholars.
Major duties will include maintenance and operation of departmental mass spectrometers. Other duties include participate in the repair and maintenance of departmental instruments.
How to apply.
Applications should be submitted via Drexel Jobs at http://www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=84072, where additional information about the position can be found.
Deadline for the submission of application.
There is no firm deadline. Applications will be reviewed after June 13, 2019, until the position is filled.
For inquiries about the position please send an email to Dr. Jonathan B. Soffer (email@example.com)
More searches like this
- Analytical Technical Services Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Biochemical Technical Services Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Computers / Computational / Informatics Technical Services Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Education Technical Services Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Environmental Technical Services Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Philadelphia