Computational Chemistry Leader
Computational Chemistry Leader
About Morphic Therapeutic
Morphic Therapeutic is a biotechnology company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies. Drawing on integrin biology breakthroughs from the lab of noted entrepreneur and scientific founder Tim Springer, Morphic has developed an exclusive platform to build on these discoveries, complemented by a partnership with computational chemistry leader Schrödinger, Inc., that facilitates the rapid and iterative design of clinical candidates. Morphic was created in 2015 with support from Timothy Springer, PhD, Polaris Partners, Schrödinger Inc., and ShangPharma and raised $51.5M in 2016 from top tier investors. In September 2018, Morphic Therapeutic completed an $80 million Series B financing round to advance multiple programs into the clinic. Last October, we announced a collaboration with AbbVie on a subset of our fibrosis programs. Under the terms of the agreement, AbbVie paid Morphic an upfront payment of $100 million for exclusive license options on product candidates directed at multiple targets. Integrins are involved in multiple disease areas, including inflammation, fibrosis, vascular diseases and cancer, and inhibitors are clinically validated. The combination of Morphic’s deep integrin expertise with your skills will enable a rapid path to novel and effective drugs for both orphan and blockbuster indications. Morphic’s laboratories are located in the AstraZeneca BioHub in Waltham, MA. We are looking for a scientist that displays integrity and pride in their work. An ideal candidate will be determined, value teamwork, and share Morphic's compassion towards patients.
Morphic Therapeutic is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and accomplished computational chemist. This person will work closely with Schrodinger scientists in a valued and successful collaboration to advance multiple early – late stage projects. At the same time, the successful candidate will build internal capabilities at Morphic to compliment Schrodinger tools and efforts, as well as interacting with other collaborators. An additional responsibility will be to set the company strategy in chemoinformatics, and address future needs in this area. As an integral member of discovery project teams, the candidate will work collaboratively with multiple scientists in medicinal chemistry, biology and DMPK to advance clinical candidates in areas of high medical need.
- Leader of computational chemistry and chemoinformatics at Morphic
- Build strong relationships with Schrodinger scientists and work in a highly collaborative manner
- Work closely with internal medicinal chemists, biologists, DMPK and other scientists to set project strategy
- Determine what additional computational and chemoinformatics tools are needed to compliment current resources
- Work with pharma collaborators to coordinate diverse project teams
- Advance projects through use of these tools directly towards clinical candidates to impact patients
- Ph.D. in relevant scientific field and 10+ years of industry experience
- Deep knowledge of multiple computational chemistry and chemoinformatics platforms
- Regarded as a computational chemistry thought leader
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- General knowledge of medicinal chemistry and DMPK
- Demonstrated ability to think logically and critically to build computational hypotheses across multiple projects
- Key contributor to discovery project teams while forming productive working relationships
- Successful track record of advancing clinical candidates collaboratively in a positive team environment
- Experience with chemoinformatics, data storage, and analysis
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.