HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Formulator is responsible for providing technical support for the development of new products from pre-formulation to commercialization. Under the guidance of senior staff members, the formulator develops formulas to support stability, commercialization and clinical studies. The Formulator reports to Manager of Product Development.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Developing formulas to support product development and product/process optimization.
- Running and monitoring bench top, pilot, manufacturing scale-up and verification batches with minimal supervision.
- Working closely with manufacturing operations to lead and support technology transfer activites for successful commercialization.
- Preparing and reviewing stability and clinical protocols and summarize results from studies.
- Maintaining documents on all projects in a timely fashion and write project related reports as needed.
The ideal candidate is passionate about product development and able to work independently and in teams. The formulator should be process oriented and make informed decisions based on knowledge and data and takes initiative to improve current processes and provide innovative ideas for new formula development.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Hands on experience in designing and executing scientific experiments.
- A track record of successfully working in cross-functional teams on multiple projects.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- A proven track record of resolving technical issues and successfully completing projects.
- Hands on formulation/laboratory experience.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 4 year college or university degree in chemistry, pharmacy, food science, chemical engineering or other relevant science degree
- Some experience with formulation development.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficiency in MS office including Word and Excel.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.