Sr. Technology Transfer Specialist
Sr. Technology Transfer Specialist
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Sr. Technology Transfer Specialist is responsible for making products feasible by managing change across the Gummy supply chain and identifying risks and solutions through simplification and standardization of processes and emerging technologies. This role entails transferring technology from scale-up to the manufacturing facility, transferring knowledge between sites, driving simplification and standardization across their value stream and partner with Engineering on emerging technologies and the qualification of new equipment once installed. The Sr. Technology Transfer Specialist will report to the Technical Operations Gummy Manager who works out of the Opelika, AL facility.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role will deliver:
- The ability to develop relationships across departments to deliver complete solutions throughout a product lifecycles.
- Reviewing concepts for commercial feasibility and making recommendations on capital as well as identifying potential project risks and create a path forward.
- Serving as a liaison between R&D and manufacturing sites. Identifies opportunities for process standardization and improvements.
- Managing change across departments through collaboration and communicating business case.
- Partnering with Engineering and R&D to identify and evaluate emerging technologies and validation of new equipment installation.
The ideal candidate is an experienced technical professional who has worked on transferring technology from Bench Top, Pilot, Scale-UP through Manufacturing in the Tableting process. You will be successful if you demonstrate ownership of the value stream, collaborate well with key business partners and can define the appropriate critical process parameters to ensure a reliable process and product.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- A results orientated mindset related adherence to timelines and objectives for assigned projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills related to identifying root cause for systemic reliability problems.
- The ability to develop plans to transform departmental culture to one of proactive focus.
- An enterprise mindset that works in the best interest of the consumer to improve the overall quality at the lowest cost.
- A continuous improvement mindset with a bias for action.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Strong processing and technical understanding of the Gummy Manufacturing process with expertise in powder blending, granulation, trituration, milling, spray drying and powder transfer.
- Demonstrated capabilities of executing Technology Transfer process for launching of new products, transfer of knowledge between sites and ongoing verification of existing products.
- Ability to identify key process parameters and appropriately level of control plan to ensure a reliable repeatable process.
- Strong technical understanding of Gummy Technology which can be leveraged to develop URS (User Requirements) and execution of IOQ/PQ for new equipment or processes.
- A continuous improvement mindset related to elimination of waste from our tableting process.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an engineering, process development or related role.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.