Postdoctoral Research Associate in Medicinal Chemistry
A Postdoctoral Scientist position is available immediately to join an interactive multidisciplinary research team focused on the discovery and development of novel vaccines, adjuvants and immunomodulators under the direction of Dr. Bazin-Lee at the University of Montana in Missoula, MT. We are seeking highly motivated candidates with a strong theoretical background and relevant laboratory experience in organic synthesis and modern purification and characterization techniques (NMR, HPLC, LC-MS, etc) and with a solid understanding of medicinal chemistry and relevant biochemical disciplines. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established multidisciplinary team with a proven track record in industry/academic translational research.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, diversity and leadership.
· The position is a 12-month Letter of Appointment and includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package (i.e., MUS health insurance benefits, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program).
· Ability to carry out multi-step synthesis, purification, and characterization of target compounds and intermediates on milligram to multi-gram scale in support of synthetic adjuvant and immunomodulator programs;
· Ability to troubleshoot and optimize existing chemical processes and assist with the design and implementation of new synthetic processes;
· ability to keep abreast of relevant scientific developments in organic synthesis and related fields by reading scientific literature and using database and library resources;
· develop and maintain accurate and complete records of all laboratory activities in accordance with regulatory guidelines, standard operating procedures, and UM requirements;
· participate in appropriate departmental meetings, seminars, and project teams and perform research in a collaborative manner with other scientists and teams.
· Work independently and as part of a larger project team to design, execute and interpret experiments that contribute to the development and accomplishment of project strategies.
· Candidate should have technical proficiency and scientific creativity in one or more of the following areas: medicinal chemistry, multi-step synthesis, structure-activity relationship, lead compound discovery and development.
· Candidates should have excellent oral and written communication skills;
· ability to effectively communicate with laboratory personnel, present data at internal and external meetings and contribute to writing of manuscripts, grants, technical reports and patents.
· Projects will involve cross-site project teams so the ability to work closely with co-workers and outside agencies and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information is essential.
· Previous experience with heterocyclic and phospholipid chemistry is preferred.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students and 500+ full-time faculty members. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 70,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014. Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment.
In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant.
Testing Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions.
Employment Eligibility. All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application review has begun and will continue until the position is filled.
Please submit the following application materials to https://university-montana-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=2181&company_id=16254&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992276&aid=1
*Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
· Letter of Interest that includes a research statement describing your research interests and skills and how they relate to this position
· Detailed resume that lists education, describes work experience, and includes links (full URL) to recent peer-reviewed scholarship, code, or map products
· Three (3) professional references - Names and contact information
More searches like this
- Biochemical Research-Applied Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in Missoula
- Medicinal / Clinical Research-Applied Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in Missoula
- Organic Research-Applied Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in Missoula
- Theoretical Research-Applied Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in Missoula