GC/LC Chemist - Wine Industry
ETS is currently recruiting candidates who are able to excel in a dynamic and fast-moving environment to join our laboratory team in St. Helena, CA.
What you’ll do:
You will have the opportunity to work in a independent 17025 ISO-accredited laboratory that invests heavily in state of the art instrumentation and analytical technologies and partners with the world’s greatest winemakers to provide them with innovative analytical tools and an unmatched technical expertise to support their winemaking craft.
Although we’ve grown to five locations, we are still a small family-owned business. You’ll be joining our laboratory team in St. Helena that is responsible for analytical work and laboratory support functions in a fast paced, high through-put production laboratory. We boast a diverse, highly trained team with a broad range of experience and advanced degrees.
You will be expected to demonstrate superior organizational skills, be extremely detail oriented and able to perform high volume, precise analytical work under pressure with calm confidence, speed and accuracy.
You should share our focus and commitment to continuous quality, innovation, and learning to help drive future development and deliver greater value to our clients and support them as they make the world’s finest wines.
Our St. Helena laboratory is located in the heart of the beautiful and renowned Napa Valley, providing wineries and suppliers with local access to the most technically advanced analytical methods that are vital to modern winemaking.
No experience in the wine industry is required.
- Performing GC and LC analysis in a commercial laboratory serving the wine, beer, cider and spirits industries
- Daily operation and maintenance of multiple GC, GC/MS, GC/MS/MS, LC and LC/MS/MS systems.
- Generation of quality system-compliant data
- Working with team members to execute analysis conforming to SOPs and to maintain good record keeping practices
- Identifying instrument problems and performing routine troubleshooting
- Participation in and promotion of continuous improvement efforts within the laboratory
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry or a related field
- 2 or more years experience in a production laboratory
- Experience with sample preparation and extraction techniques (SPE, SPME)
- Experience with chromatographic techniques and instrumentation (GC, GC/MS, GC/MS/MS, LC, LC/MS/MS)
- Experience working in an ISO 17025 environment preferred
- Experience with ChemStation and MassHunter software preferred
- NMR working experience a plus
Must be able to sit or stand for significant periods of time while performing a variety of tasks.
Must be able to perform repetitive hand motions such as capping and uncapping tubes or sample containers.
This position is open to non-smokers only due to sensitive sensory analyses performed in our laboratory.
- A competitive salary, based on experience
- A student loan repayment program
- Comprehensive employer-paid health and vision insurance
- 401k, FSA, and group life insurance
- Support for productivity and continued learning through conference attendance, training courses, and learning materials
- Offices near some of the world’s most beautiful vineyards