Global Senior Principal Engineer, Biologics
AbbVie employees work every day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people to be part of the team. We are always looking for talented people to join our team and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing a Global Senior Process Engineer to join our Global team. We are looking for an industry recognized Subject Matter Expert (SME) with the demonstrated engineering capability to apply advanced scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to complete complex assignments related to one or more technical fields or disciplines around the world.
This role is a key strategic position for AbbVie and the successful candidate will significantly impact and transform AbbVie’s business in the highly specialized area of Biologics manufacturing while supporting significant capital investment. This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity for you to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts and to be challenged and lead change from an engineering perspective on a global scale.
* Build strong sustainable relationships with key stakeholders in the AbbVie Biologics sites (in Puerto Rico, Singapore and Worcester MA)
* Partner closely with these sites to identify, develop, plan, and deliver on high profile projects within the enterprise
* Be the Biologics Equipment SME within the Global Engineering group- sharing best practises, technical know-how and adding significant value to the group
* Partner with leading design companies to deliver on medium – large scale capital investment projects
* Demonstrate the ability to leverage key stakeholders internationally to deliver projects supporting AbbVie’s strong pipeline of products
* Ensure quality and effectiveness of key results of major projects through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fall-back strategies thereby mitigating risk. Have full awareness of the potential consequences (defects and failure modes) of design changes to established processes.
* Prioritize across multiple projects.
* Achieve the project's financial targets in support of business objectives and life cycle costs.
* Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
* Provide SME troubleshooting expertise/support on projects or significant Biologics related technical issues at site (s)
* Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications
* Coach and mentor indirect resources to build and strengthen the Biologics technical expertise within AbbVie
Level of position is commensurate upon education and experience of the candidate.
* A Bachelors’ Degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, with a minimum 10+ years of significant engineering for process design and operation of biologics facilities (upstream and downstream), preferably with some international experience.
* Has demonstrated excellence in breadth and depth across engineering disciplines and is recognized as a subject matter expert for bio process equipment, techniques and facility layouts
* Experience leading Risk Assessments for biologics projects
* Experience performing process fit analysis to complete feasibility, conceptual, and preliminary design studies including developing scope, budget, and schedule for existing or new facilities.
* Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors.
* Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions.
* Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
* Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
* Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
* Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
* Fluency in English is required
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.