Safety, Quality, and ISO Manager
Beta Analytic has an exciting opportunity for a Safety, Quality, and ISO Manager. This is an immediate full-time or part-time with ability to transition to full-time exempt position. Consultants are also welcome to apply. The Safety, Quality, and ISO Manager reports to the President of Beta Analytic and will be responsible for the management, implementation of the safety, quality control, and ISO programs and for direction in coordinating all data and operational administrative systems for Safety, Quality, and ISO requirements. The position works closely with all departments and the corporate office in organizing, documenting and resolving problems.
Beta Analytic, headquartered in Miami, Florida is recognized globally as the industry leader in radiocarbon dating services. The Company’s scientific results have largely contributed to the pre-history record of archaeology and geology around the globe and its environmental work contributes regularly to the record of mankind’s effort to find alternatives to petroleum and coal consumption. With more than 39 years in business and continuous growth, Beta offers stability and career advancement in an exciting technological and scientific environment.
Candidates must have good aptitude in basic science. The position is well suited for individuals who appreciate the importance of working as part of a team. The laboratory operates 24/7 with weekend shifts. Many personnel have physically demanding jobs requiring the ability to stand for long periods of the day, prolonged sitting, stooping, climbing, and regularly lifting as much as 40 pounds.
- Conducts environmental, quality, and safety inspections.
- Ensures that all incidents are documented and writes reports indicating cause and corrective action completed
- Develops, implements, manages and maintains effective Quality and Safety policies and procedures that meet contract requirements and criteria for ISO Compliance in all areas including Company and Government Safety Requirements.
- Responsible for all aspects of ISO compliance and the establishment of internal processes and controls to maintain the highest possible quality.
- Directs and oversees all safety and health policies.
- Oversees all safety and health programs to include reporting and analyzing related data.
- Ensures compliance with company, industry, governmental agencies and other applicable safety and health standards and regulations.
- Maintains and monitors workers’ compensation program and maintains records.
- Provides safety, quality and compliance training to employees.
- Maintains the chemical hygiene plan of the laboratory.
- Ability to establish program objective performance goals and progress assessments, metrics, key indicators for process control and ongoing process improvements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in a physical or biological science or engineering field (e.g., Chemistry, Geology, Biology) from an accredited university. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with Safety and Health requirements in an industrial/technical/laboratory environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with International Organization for Standard (ISO) programs certification systems, preferably ISO 17025.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience performing quality assessment or control in an industrial/technical/laboratory environment.
- Experience with balances, chemicals, vacuum systems, pressure fittings, electronics and familiarity organic and physical chemistry.
- OSHA 30 Hour Course for General Industry or Construction certification within the previous three (3) years required. Other OSHA training and certifications preferred.
- ASQ training and certifications preferred.
ADDITIONAL KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States (US Citizen or have a Green Card).
- Local Candidates preferred (Miami-Dade & Broward).
- Beta Analytic is a non-smoking company.
- The Company reserves the right to perform pre-employment background checks.
It is the policy of Beta Analytic, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. The Company hires and employs employees without regard to the employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, status as a current or former uniformed services member, marital status, genetic information, or other protected classification under federal, state, or local law.
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract