R&D Principal Scientist, Technology Transfer
R&D Principal Scientist, Technology Transfer
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The R&D Principal Scientist, Technology Transfer will be a key part of the transformation of our technology transfer process and will help direct our product vitality strategy. The position requires strong problem-solving abilities, great project management skills and someone who is able to identify and remediate complex problems. This role reports to the R&D Director Technology Transfer.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Collaborates across departments in the development of the technology transfer program and maintains transfer information of the new products.
- Provides strong technical leadership between technical operations and the manufacturing sites. during strategic business projects and critical quality projects on products after launch.
- Critically able to evaluate stability data and implement recommendations for shelf life.
- Partners with R&D director to implement improvements within the R&D quality management system.
The ideal candidate is recognized as a scientific leader who has expertise within the food supplement or pharmaceutical industry with solid dose expertise in tablets, capsule and gummies with a passion for problem solving. You have a working knowledge of domestic and international food supplement regulations and how these relate to product development.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- A risk-based approach to all activities, understanding and categorizing high risk activities.
- A thorough understanding of product formulation for solid dosage formats.
- Experience of managing technical projects with a ability to assess data and utilize to make decisions with the consumer at heart.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Demonstrated capabilities of developing products and executing the technology transfer processes.
- Strong technical understanding of blending, tableting, two piece capsules, gummy development and manufacturing to ensure repeatable processes.
- A 4 year college or university degree or its equivalent in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Food Science, Chemical Engineering or other relevant science degree with at least 8 years relevant experience. Masters or PHD preferred.
- Project management expertise, ideally with recognized PMP certification is preferred.
- Problem solving tools through six sigma certification or similar is preferred.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.