Electrochemist - electrolyte development for battery science and technology
Alpha-En Corporation is seeking a full-time electrochemist specializing in electrolyte development for rechargeable lithium batteries. The successful candidate should be committed, focused, detail-oriented, able to collaborate well with other staff members with a shared vision, and demonstrate excellent organizational communication skills. Primary job responsibilities will include generating new ideas and approaches for novel electrolyte formulations for lithium film production in accordance with alpha-En’s technology roadmap.
- Conduct benchmark studies on electrolytes - lithium salts, solvents, additives, and provide technical assessment for their potential benefit.
- Inject innovative thinking and introduce novel electrolyte formulations (new additives, solvents, lithium salts etc.) for reproducibly producing lithium films in accordance with alpha-En’s core technology in a cost-effective way.
- Electrolyte and electrolyte additives development for improved lithium metal anode cell cycling.
- Analysis of Li metal morphology and SEI chemical composition in relation to its cycling in lithium batteries.
- Develop a mechanistic understanding of Li-metal anode cell performance failure modes.
- Ability to work independently and provide expertise to the team effort.
- Experience in lithium-ion electrolyte systems, including solvents, salts, additives development.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive hands-on experience in conducting various electrochemical experiments (chronopotentiometry, chronoamperometry, cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, etc.).
- Ability to communicate clearly and unambiguously.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in organic chemistry including synthesis, characterization, and performance evaluation are desired.
A PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science or closely related discipline is anticipated. The job location is in the alpha-En research facility in Yonkers, New York. The salary will be competitive for an R&D battery scientist, commensurate with experience. Applicants must be lawfully allowed to work in the United States. Alpha-En Corporation (https://alpha-encorp.com/) is an innovative clean technology company focused on enabling next-generation battery technologies by developing and bringing to market pure, state of the art materials produced in an environmentally sustainable manner. Submit (email) a short cover letter together with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Energy Research-Applied Full time $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Yonkers
- Engineering Research-Applied Full time $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Yonkers
- Green Chemistry Research-Applied Full time $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Yonkers
- Inorganic Research-Applied Full time $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Yonkers
- Materials Research-Applied Full time $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Yonkers