Senior R&D Chemist
Join a team exploring breakthrough concepts in catalysis, sustainability, and energy.
Be part of a team that applies its expertise to explore breakthrough catalyst platforms and process concepts, finding innovative solutions to challenging chemistry via research.
- Maintain an active portfolio of 3-4 research projects developing and evaluating new reactions, catalysts, and processes
- Ensure alignment of research goals with current and new growth business objectives
- Supervise BS and MS chemists and chemical engineers to accomplish research tasks
- Keep apprised of current scientific literature (journals and patents) and process evaluation reports
- Communicate results to cross-functional teams at departmental meetings and conferences
- Participate in all departmental safety activities and conduct all work with vigilance
- Must have the ability to travel up to 10% on an annual basis
You Must Have:
- PhD in inorganic and/or organometallic chemistry
- Demonstrated expertise and record of accomplishment in one or more of the following areas: catalysis, methodology, and synthetic and mechanistic aspects of inorganic and organometallic chemistry
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to function well within multidisciplinary teams.