Manager, Polymer Process & Applications Innovation
Auriga Polymers Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Indorama Ventures PLC is seeking a Manager, Polymer Process and Applications Innovation to join our global innovation team. We are looking for a highly motivated technology leader, who believes they have yet to realize their potential and has a record of delivering superior results, building world-class innovation teams and creating valued customer experiences. This position is located in Spartanburg, SC. The Manager, Polymer Process and Applications Innovation will play a leading role in delivering differentiated Indorama polymers by leveraging polymer processing fundamentals to exceed customer processing and applications requirements.
Responsibilities / Job Requirements:
· Works closely with customers and Indorama teams to understand profitable innovation opportunities.
· Supports solution definition through clarification of key functional requirements and related performance measures.
· Leverages polymer processing fundamentals to benefit novel resin designs and technology approaches. · Establishes capable and efficient R&D workflows to accelerate prototype evaluations.
· Leverages statistical and simulation/modeling tools to ensure efficient experimental approaches and analysis to accelerate learning.
· Builds world class teams through developing existing and attracting new talent to meet business needs. · Ensures we have the most effective and reliable processing equipment to meet innovation schedules and agenda.
· Remains current with latest polymer process technology and equipment trends including Digitalization. · Captures and processes IP opportunities to protect technology and competitive advantage.
· Supports knowledge capture and organizational knowledge growth via effective data summaries, reports, and presentations.
· Follows all guidelines of the Corporate and Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) policies by consistently performing high quality work while minimizing waste generation.
• Masters in Chemical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, or similar technical field. Ph.D. highly desirable.
• Credible Design for Six Sigma, Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma experiences. Black Belt Certification highly desirable.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies and approaches.
• In depth understanding of polymer processing fundamentals, methods and equipment.
· Passionate about value creation.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Effective working across functions and geographies.
· Able to lead meaningful change and process improvements.
· Proficient leveraging statistical tools, modeling and simulation to accelerate learning.
· Record of successful product and technology commercialization.
· Record of self and team development.
· Record of identifying and protecting innovations via strategic IP filings and Trade Secrets.
• Ability to effectively manage work and work schedules to support overall program objective.
• Ability to travel 40%.
To be considered for employment in this position you must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Drug tests are required unless prohibited by state law.
This employer uses E-Verify.