Sr. Polymer Processing Engineer
- Indorama Ventures, LLC
- Spartanburg, South Carolina
- Great benefits, 401-k, and bonus potential
- Closing date
- Sep 9, 2019
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Laboratory, Research-Applied
- Job Type
- Full time
Auriga Polymers Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Indorama Ventures PLC is seeking a Senior Polymer Processing Engineer to join our global Innovation team. We are looking for a highly motivated engineer, who believes they have yet to realize their potential and has a record of delivering superior results and creating valued customer experiences. This position would be located in Spartanburg, SC. The Senior Polymer Processing Engineer will play a critical role in delivering differentiated Indorama polymers by leveraging polymer processing fundamentals to exceed customer processing and applications requirements.
Responsibilities / Job Requirements:
· Leverages polymer processing fundamentals to benefit novel resin designs and technology approaches.
· Maximizes statistical and simulation/modeling tools to ensure efficient experimental approaches and analysis to accelerate learning.
· Drives the annual R&D capital planning and implementation processes to ensure that the most effective assets are identified to meet innovation objectives.
· Manages maintenance of R&D equipment to ensure availability aligns with program schedules.
· Remains current with latest polymer processing technology and equipment trends.
· Captures and processes IP opportunities to protect technology and competitive advantage.
· Supports knowledge capture and organizational knowledge growth via effective data summaries, reports, and presentations.
· Follows all guidelines of the Corporate and Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) policies by consistently performing high quality work while minimizing waste generation.
• Masters in Chemical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, or similar technical field. Ph.D. highly desirable.
• Credible Design for Six Sigma, Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma experiences. Black Belt Certification highly desirable.
• Proficient leveraging statistical tools, modeling and simulation to accelerate learning.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies and approaches.
• In depth understanding of polymer processing fundamentals, methods and equipment.
• Experience managing and maintaining complex R&D polymer processing assets.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Effective working across functions and geographies.
· Record of identifying and protecting innovations via strategic IP filings and Trade Secrets.
• Ability to effectively manage work and work schedules to support overall program objective.
• Ability to travel 20%.
To be considered for employment in this position you must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer Drug tests are required unless prohibited by state law.
This employer uses E-Verify.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert