Meetings Program and Governance Administrator
The Optical Society is recruiting for a Meetings Program & Governance Administrator. This position will support the Chief Events and Industry Officer and the Senior Director, Program Development and Community Engagement to perform the OSA global meetings portfolio. Duties include but are not limited to calendar management, scheduling meetings using Zoom and other technologies, coding/processing expenses, working with program and other governance committees, and creating content. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with scientists and engineers who volunteer for the organization, is proactive, and engaged with this dynamic and fast paced community.
- Governance Support – Provide administrative support for Meetings Governance bodies in the form of creating background materials for committee meetings, maintain/create Committee rosters, preparing on-site presentations for meetings, assist with on-site logistics, take minutes during meetings and track action items. Manage committee orientation materials.
- Schedule all communication calls and in-person meetings 1-24 months, including reminders and updating relevant materials. Track specific updates to be reported to and prepare quarterly reports to co-sponsors.
- Document management - through the use of various document management systems as in SharePoint, etc.
- Communications – Support Chief and Sr. Director by drafting correspondence and other materials.
- Process and track expense reports for travel and corporate card expenses.
- Four year college degree
- Experience working with volunteer management and committee governance
- Project management experience
- Outgoing, high energy approach to staff and volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office/Windows, database applications
- Multi-task oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain record-keeping system and files
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated effectiveness working in a team environment
- Understanding elements of working in an international environment (i.e. time zones).
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.