Product Safety Head- North America
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job:
As the Crop Protection Regional Product Safety Head (NA), you will lead a team of professional scientists and other Team/Technical Leaders who comprise part of a global technical platform responsible for delivering technical positions, studies and/or risk assessments within Crop Protection Product Safety to support the development and maintenance of crop protection products for Syngenta.
- Lead the Crop Protection Product Safety team within the region and provides the senior outward-facing role for Crop Protection Product Safety in the region. This includes interfaces with the regional Crop Protection Development Management Team and the regional Business Sustainability Leadership Team. The regional head provides inputs and feedback into these leadership teams for and on behalf of Product Safety, and is the lead point of contact for partners in the collaborating functions.
- Be accountable for developing and delivering the regional Product Safety strategy and for delivering work programs that support both regional and global product safety goals. This requires collaboration with the Global Human Safety and Environmental Safety platform leads as well as the other Regional Product Safety Heads.
- Have direct line management accountability for the Environmental Safety, Human Safety and Operations teams within the region
- Work with the regional Business sustainability and Regulatory Affairs groups to develop the Strategic Research and Sustainability (SR&S) agenda for Product Safety within the region
- Be a member of the Global Product Safety leadership team, and contribute to the development of global Product Safety strategy
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Crop Protection Regional Product Safety Head is accountable for ensuring that the safety of all Crop Protection products in the region has been adequately assessed
- Develop and implement an effective regional Product Safety organization which optimizes interactions between Product Safety and the regional businesses. Ensure that succession plans and individual development plans for key talents are developed and recruitment strategies are developed to ensure sustainable Product Safety capability in the Region
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the regional Crop Protection business, the strategy and 5 year plans and play an active role in agreeing and delivering the regional business portfolio
- Partner and advise the regional Business functions by blending science and business experience to be able to identify and recommend options and alternatives that yield the most business value. Manage internal stakeholders and lead issue resolution in order to make effective trade-off decisions when necessary
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the future regional business strategies and decisions by ensuring foresight on Product Safety issues
- Provide Product Safety inputs into relevant regional leadership teams (e.g, regional CPD MT, Business Sustainability LT, BPR, DeCo) and effectively engage Product Safety people on the goals and outputs of the leadership teams
- Help to shape Product Safety strategies in light of region specific stakeholder input and provide counsel to the Product Safety technical platforms on the regional demands/issues to enable appropriate capacity and capability planning
- Lead the Product Safety strategic engagement with the regional Business Sustainability leadership team and regional FTO functions in support of the wider business sustainability agenda. Develop and resource with technical platforms the strategy for engagement with regional industry associations on techno-regulatory influencing activities
- Propose, gain approval for and manage functional operating budgets.
- Develop platform capability and capacity and ensure operatinal efficiency of all resources deployed. Motivate staff to achieve excellence in science, reliability of delivery and cost effective working processes
- Maintain the excellent reputation of Product Safety outputs to secure confidence that the human and environmental safety profile is understood within Syngenta, the Regional Regulatory authorities and society at large
- Developing People: Direct responsibility for recruitment, development and retention of high caliber scientist with strong input to succession planning for R&D at regional level.
Education & Experience:
- A PhD, or combination of education and experience in a field relevant to the assessment of the safety to support the maintenance and development of crop protection products is typically required.
- The position typically requires an individual with at least 15 years professional experience in a field relevant to safety assessments.
- Excellent general management/people management skills
- Successful track record as R&D Manager in Agribusiness or related industry
- Demonstrated high performance in leading strategic functions and projectsAbility to operate effectively across, lead and influence in multicultural environments
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- Strong project and people leadership capabilities
- Strong broad-based science background
- Expert knowledge of techno-regulatory business environment including Government authorities, academia and key influencers eg professional associations, retailers, NGO’s, finance organizations
- Ability to identify Product Safety contributions needed in the region for technical and regulatory science support and delivery through the Product Safety expert network
- Understanding of Product Safety, Crop Protection Development, and Regulatory Processes
- Good understanding of drivers of competitive advantage, commercial activities, and business concepts
- Strong collaborative and communication skills, ability to influence and build trust and consensus
- Strong decision-making with within a VUCA environment
- Strong mindset of delivering on customer needs and continuous improvement
- Strong problem solving and critical reasoning skills
- Challenges constructively, takes tough stands, brings up “undiscussables” and openly deals with difficult relationships
- Strong Business Partnering skills and stakeholder management
- Authentic and credible leader who takes accountability / responsibility
- Highly developed Leadership skills in a matrixed, large global organization.
- Influencing, interpersonal and cross functional leadership
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Travel Requirements: some domestic and international travel required (≤ 20%)
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family oriented events throughout the year
More searches like this
- Agrochemical Technical Services Full time jobs in Greensboro
- Biochemical Technical Services Full time jobs in Greensboro
- Environmental Technical Services Full time jobs in Greensboro
- Health & Safety Technical Services Full time jobs in Greensboro
- Toxicological Technical Services Full time jobs in Greensboro