Sr. Research Chemist
Job Title: Sr. Research Chemist
Division: Flotek Chemistry, LLC.
Location: Houston, TX
Reports to: Research Fellow
FLSA Classification: Exempt
This position will work with Reservoir & Basin, CnF® Formulation Development as well as Client Innovation staff to develop innovative CnF® formulations tailored to specific reservoir characteristics.
- Conduct research and technical support which involves developing technologies, fundamental understanding and products related to the oil and gas industry.
- Identify, prioritize, and introduce relevant emerging technologies and evaluate the technical and scientific promise of such technologies.
- Collaborate across Formulation Development to create value on ongoing projects.
- Work proficiently in the laboratory using standard techniques and identify and implement new techniques where necessary.
- Implement new additives/ingredients/processes to improve products performance.
- Plan, organize, and implement research or technical projects as designated by the Research manager.
- Extrapolate data in the development of theories that will elucidate scientific phenomena.
- Attend conferences relevant to the formulation of new ideas in the oil and gas field.
- Summarize data and scientific findings in presentations and reports.
- Communicate with staff and management.
- Work in a team environment, be a self-starter on projects and interact and support colleagues and others in a respectful but creative manner.
- Publish patents and scientific articles.
This position has no supervisory responsibility
This position operates in a professional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required based on business needs.
This position requires less than 10% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- PhD in chemical engineering, chemistry, physical chemistry, petroleum geochemistry or related field.
- Strong background in colloid and surface chemistry. Surfactants, microemulsions and polymers are a plus.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in oilfield chemical formulation, household/personal care formulations or other surfactant based formulation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a product from laboratory to market.
- A demonstrated record of peer-reviewed papers, invention disclosures and patent applications.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package that includes:_
+ Medical Insurance
+ Dental Insurance
+ Vision Insurance
+ Flexible Spending Accounts: Medical and Dependent Care
+ Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
+ Voluntary Life Insurance
+ Short-Term Disability
+ Employee Stock Purchase Plan
+ Retirement Benefits: 401(K) and ROTH Savings Plans
+ Employee Assistance Program
Flotek Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.