Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemistry and/or Biochemistry
We seek to recruit a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to the Sczepanski Laboratory at Texas A&M University in the Department of Chemistry. The successful candidate will work on a NIH-sponsored research project(s) aimed at developing novel biotechnologies based on the use of mirror image L-oligonucleotides. Applicants must have, or will very soon obtain, a Ph.D. degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or molecular biology. Candidates with demonstrated expertise, as evidence by published work, in the preparation, handling, manipulation, and analysis of nucleic acids will have priority. Fluency in speaking and writing English is required. Candidate must have a desire to learn new techniques, write manuscripts, train students and be able to work independently. The applicant must be able to multitask and be capable of contributing to several other ongoing projects in the laboratory.
Funding is available for a minimum of two years. The applicant will also have an opportunity to develop a postdoctoral mentoring plan and submit fellowship applications. Interested candidates should provide (1) a cover letter outlining your scientific interests and future goals; (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) contact information for at least 2 references, including current advisor (or equivalent). Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Postdoc Application” as the subject.
The Texas A&M System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
More searches like this
- Biochemical Research-Basic Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in College Station
- Biological Research-Basic Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in College Station
- Biotechnical Research-Basic Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in College Station
- Genomics Research-Basic Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in College Station
- Nanotechnology Research-Basic Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in College Station