Research Chemist / Chemical Engineer
Research Chemical Engineer position for Propellant Development Group
ERC, Inc. at the Air Force Research Laboratory at Edwards AFB, California is a rapidly growing engineering, technical, IT, and scientific services firm providing a broad array of support to the US Department of Defense, NASA, and commercial clients.
ERC, Inc. is currently seeking a microfluidics research engineer for the development of microfluidic devices for producing energetic materials.
Responsibilities include designing, fabricating and characterizing microfluidic devices.
The role will support multiple interdisciplinary programs and will require a candidate who will serve as a technical leader in the development of novel, microfluidic platforms.
Strong foundation in basics [chemistry, physics, math, engineering] and experience with hardware, software, and electronics is helpful.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop novel microfluidic devices for chemistry applications.
- Perform device characterization, experiments, and troubleshooting.
- Perform data analysis and documentation.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and provide recommendations based on technical results.
- Serve as a technical leader for the invention and development of novel, microfluidic platforms.
- US Citizenship
- M.S./Ph.D. in Chemistry and/or Chemical Engineering.
- Candidates must be able to pass a background check
- Design and fabricate macro- and microfluidic devices.
- High attention to detail, including a proven ability in fluidic testing, data analysis and device characterization.
- Strong team-orientation with superior verbal and written communications and the ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Knowledge of droplet microfluidic systems.
- Familiarity with organic and/or inorganic synthesis is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiment (DoE) for the improvement of production processes.
- Proficient with modern analytical methods like NMR, HPLC, MS etc.
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Please include publication list/and or patents with resume.