Sr. Research Scientist I - NMR
- AMRI Global
- West Lafayette, Indiana
- Full-time, salaried + benefits.
- Closing date
- Sep 11, 2019
- Field of specialization
- Analytical, Biochemical, Biological, Pharmaceutical
- Work Function
- Development-Process, Development-Product, Laboratory, Research-Applied
- Job Type
- Full time
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Sr. Research Scientist I is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by obtaining, interpreting, and reporting scientific data, consulting with clients, maintaining NMR instruments, and training and mentoring other scientists in the Analytical Development group.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain, calibrate, and acquire data on NMR spectrometers in a cGMP environment; interpret and report scientific data clearly and concisely
- Solve complex chemical and structural characterization problems with NMR and other analytical techniques such as MS, IR, CD, LC, EA
- Provide project oversight, client interactions, and scientific consulting
- Meet timelines, budget, and scientific goals for client projects
- Collaborate with other scientists on large multidisciplinary projects
- Train and mentor other scientists when necessary
- Develop and validate analytical tests methods according to project requirements, and laboratory instruments
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field and 2 years of experience (in industry or academia) with NMR spectroscopy of small molecules and biomolecules (e.g. proteins, peptides, nucleic acids, carbohydrates)
- Experience maintaining high field NMR spectrometers
- Experience with multinuclear, multidimensional NMR spectroscopy to solve structures of biomolecules and small molecules
- Experience with advanced NMR data analysis, and MDS software such as XPLOR-NIH, CNSsolve, SPARKY, ATNOS/CANDID, NMRViewJ, CARA, Mnova etc.
- Self-motivation and independence to coordinate and complete multiple concurrent projects
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
• Experience with NMR pulse sequence design and programming
• Experience with Bruker NMR spectrometers
• Experience with Linux OS
- Solid-state NMR spectroscopy
- Method development and validation
- Characterization of solid materials using e.g. PLM, XRPD, TG, DVS, UV, etc.
- Protein isolation, purification, and characterization techniques such as CD, IR, Raman, MS, electrophoresis, chromatography, DSC, ITC
- Experience with Agilent NMR spectrometers
- Bash, C-Shell, Python or Perl programming
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert