Battery Materials Chemist Postdoctoral Scholar
3 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
Battery Materials Chemist Postdoctoral Scholar - 87922
Organization: MF-Molecular Foundry
Berkeley Lab’s Molecular Foundry Division (https://foundry.lbl.gov/) has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow position. The positions activities will collaborate with the Joint Center for Energy Storage Research (JCESR) which is a DOE Energy Innovation Hub led by Argonne National Laboratory and is focused on advancing battery science and technology. The successful Postdoc will lead the synthetic development of new classes of electrolytes and artificial interphases used in multivalent batteries (e.g., Mg, Ca, Zn, or Al batteries). Key activities will include tailoring their design for (electro) chemical stability, bulk ionic transport, and interfacial charge transfer. These electrolytes and interphases will also be evaluated extensively in electrochemical cells to establish clear design rules for a variety of cell chemistries.
What You Will Do:
• Provide technical leadership in the preparation of organic molecules and polymers to yield novel liquid electrolytes and solid electrolyte interphases.
• Develop and apply quantitative techniques, generally electrochemical in nature, to the study of novel liquid electrolytes and solid-electrolyte interphases, e.g., in symmetric cells and full cells.
• Play a key role in maintaining a robust and inclusive safety culture.
• Published in peer reviewed journals; contribute to scientific research papers, reports, review articles; present oral reports.
• Coordinate, lead, and contribute to collaborative research activities across key partners in the Hub.
What is Required:
• Ph.D. in chemistry or chemical engineering.
• Extensive experience in electrochemistry and materials chemistry.
• Demonstrated knowledge or expertise in electroanalytical characterization.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and perform collaborative research and effectively interact with a broad range of colleagues.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately and eloquently represent and promote scientific projects to audiences of diverse technical backgrounds.
• Strong publication record in top-rated scientific journals, with extensive experience in the preparation and handling of scientific manuscripts, reports and research posters.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to guide and train junior researchers
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
• This is a full time one year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than four years paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at: Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=167044 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Learn About Us:
Working at Berkeley Lab (http://www.lbl.gov/) has many rewards including a competitive compensation program, excellent health and welfare programs, a retirement program that is second to none, and outstanding development opportunities. To view information about the many rewards that are offered at Berkeley Lab- Click Here (https://commons.lbl.gov/display/hr/Benefits).
Berkeley Lab (LBNL,http://www.lbl.gov/) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".