Assistant Professor in Pharmaceutical Biochemistry and Medicinal Chemistry
4 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at North Dakota State University invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions, (1) Pharmaceutical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; and (2) Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Organic Chemistry; both at the rank of Assistant Professor, with appointments beginning on August 16, 2020 or earlier. Candidates for both positions should have at least two years of postdoctoral experience with a strong record of scholarship, publications, and effective written and oral communication skills and should possess good interpersonal skills. Preference will be given to applicants with training and research expertise in broad aspects of Pharmaceutical Sciences, as well as with a strong teaching experience. The successful candidate will be expected to establish externally funded research programs, teach and mentor graduate students.
1. Faculty position in Pharmaceutical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: Candidates must hold a doctoral degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutics or closely related field. Responsibility includes teaching basic level biochemistry to Pharmacy and pre-Pharmacy students.
2. Faculty position in Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Organic Chemistry: Candidates must hold a doctoral degree in Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, or closely related field. Responsibility includes teaching basic level Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry to Pharmacy and pre-Pharmacy students.
A competitive salary and a start-up package will be provided commensurate with qualifications and experience. Currently, the department has 14 faculty members, 30 doctoral students and several post-doctoral fellows/research associates. The department participates in two large NIH-funded programs: the Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in Pancreatic Cancer as well as the DaCCoTA clinical and translational research program. Faculty in the department are funded by several NIH , NSF and AHA grants in drug delivery, obesity, diabetes, cancer, and respiratory, renal and cardiovascular pharmacology. Fargo is a rapidly growing city with renowned organizations and companies such as Sanford Health, Aldevron, Microsoft Corp., and Deere & Company (John Deere). Additional information about the Department and University can be obtained at www.ndsu.edu/pharmacy.
Review of applications will begins on September 30, 2019, and continue until the position is filled. Submit CV, description of research interests, future research plans, statement of teaching philosophy, and names and contact information of three references electronically to the following links:
For Pharmaceutical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology http://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/10603
For Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Organic Chemistry http://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/10608
For further information please contact: Dr. Estelle Leclerc, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, e-mail: Estelle.Leclerc@ndsu.edu or 701-231-5187.
NDSU is an EEO/AA-MF/ Vet/ Disability
More searches like this
- Biological Teaching-Undergraduate Full time $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in Fargo
- Medicinal / Clinical Teaching-Undergraduate Full time $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in Fargo
- Organic Teaching-Undergraduate Full time $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in Fargo
- Pharmaceutical Teaching-Undergraduate Full time $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in Fargo