Director of Chemistry R&D
- Avidea Technologies
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Up to $145,000 per year + benefits
- Closing date
- Oct 25, 2019
- Field of specialization
- Medicinal / Clinical, Nanotechnology, Organic, Pharmaceutical, Polymers
- Work Function
- Development-Product, Management-General, Management-Product, Management-Project, Publishing, Research-Applied, Research-Basic
- Job Type
- Full time
Avidea Technologies (see: www.avideatechnologies.com; Baltimore, MD) is an early-stage biotechnology company developing immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and chronic infectious diseases. Avidea is advancing two therapies to Phase I clinical testing over the next 12-18 months and is concomitantly expanding preclinical R&D activities, including the synthesis and characterization of novel polymer-drug conjugates.
Avidea is now seeking a highly experienced, PhD level chemist, to shape the direction of Avidea’s R&D efforts and manage Avidea’s synthetic chemistry activities as Director of Chemistry.
- Directing and managing chemistry operations at Avidea;
- Organizing and overseeing project workflow and providing mentoring / guidance to junior team members; and,
- Writing technical documents, including for supporting reports, grant applications, regulatory filings, patent filings and publications;
Applications are encouraged from talented individuals who have substantial prior organic chemistry experience, preferably in industry, and are now eager to help build chemistry operations at an early stage company with strong growth potential.
- PhD in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, polymer chemistry or related field
- 10+ years of post-graduate experience in synthetic chemistry
- Strong proficiency in chemical synthesis and characterization
- Experience in drug delivery and/or polymer chemistry is preferred but not required
- Track record of competency for writing peer-reviewed publications and/or grant applications
- Preference will be given to applicants who have management experience in industry, as well as experience in drafting documents to support regulatory filings and patent applications
- Applicant must be a US citizen or green card holder
- Salary $95,000-145,000/year, negotiable and commensurate with experience
- Additional benefits include Health, Dental and Vision, PTO; and may include stock options
Application procedure and timeline
- Applicants should submit their applications through C&EN.
- Additional questions or inquiries should be directed to: email@example.com.
- Interviews will occur on a rolling basis and employment can begin as soon as possible.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert