PhD Organic Chemist
The PhD Organic Chemist contributes to PTC’s drug discovery efforts by synthesizing small molecules in support of internal lead optimization programs. The PhD Organic Chemist is responsible for independently planning and executing synthetic organic chemistry protocols to efficiently obtain desired targets for biological assays. The selected candidate will also be responsible for interpreting and communicating experimental results to his/her supervisor and the project team.
- Plans, initiates and executes synthetic organic chemistry experiments and interprets and communicates results as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories related to synthetic organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry.
- Presents findings internally to cross-functional teams.
- Provides scientific advice to research leadership on projects and areas of expertise.
- Participates in the development and writing of patent applications and identifies patentable inventions.
- Abides by all safety and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains a detailed laboratory notebook.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
- Ph.D. degree in Organic Chemistry.
* Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required.
- Broad knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, including transition metal mediated cross-couplings, mechanisms, and retrosynthetic planning.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
****Note: Please include a detailed summary of your research in addition to your resume********
****Applications not including a detailed research summary will not be considered************
- Go to www.ptcbio.com
- Select “Careers”
- Select “View Open Positions”
- Select “PhD Organic Chemist” (R230) and follow application instructions