PhD Chemical Biologist
The PhD Chemical Biologist, contributes to PTC’s drug discovery efforts by designing and synthesizing small molecules to support early discovery hit-to-lead projects as well as chemical tools to probe biological systems. The successful candidate will be also be responsible for independently planning and executing chemical biological studies with the purpose of identifying therapeutic targets, de-convoluting biochemical pathways, and elucidating mechanisms of action. Additional responsibilities include interpreting and communicating experimental results to his/her supervisor and the project team.
- Plans, initiates, and executes chemical biology and synthetic organic chemistry experiments and interprets and communicates results as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories related to chemical biology, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, and synthetic organic chemistry.
- Presents findings internally to cross-functional teams.
- Provides scientific advice to research leadership on projects and areas of expertise.
- Participates in the development and writing of patent applications and identifies patentable inventions.
- Abides by all safety and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains a detailed laboratory notebook.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, plus, 1-2 years postdoctoral research in the field of Chemical Biology,
- PhD in Chemical Biology or related Biology discipline, plus 1-2 years postdoctoral research in Organic/Medical Chemistry
* Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required.
- Broad knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, reaction mechanism, and retrosynthetic planning.
- Broad knowledge of chemical biology, biochemistry, and analytical techniques.
- Experience with and knowledge of chemical proteomics and/or chemical transcriptomics.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
*Special knowledge or skills and/or licenses or certificates preferred.
* Travel requirements
****Note: Please include a detailed summary of your research in addition to your resume********
****Applications not including a detailed research summary will not be considered************
- Go to www.ptcbio.com
- Select “Careers”
- Select “View Open Positions”
- Select “PhD Chemical Biologist” and follow application instructions
More searches like this
- Biological Research-Applied Full time jobs in South Plainfield
- Biotechnical Research-Applied Full time jobs in South Plainfield
- Medicinal / Clinical Research-Applied Full time jobs in South Plainfield
- Organic Research-Applied Full time jobs in South Plainfield
- Pharmaceutical Research-Applied Full time jobs in South Plainfield